Whether you’re in need of a bit of extra cash or you want to see if you can make your creations your career, there’s no time like the present to start selling your work online.
There’s so many different methods and sites out there so we wanted to get a bit of clarity about where to get started. We’ve asked Jennie Smith, a Seller Growth Expert from Etsy, to give you five tips to get started and achieve success with selling your work online.
- Just get started. I know this sounds obvious but taking the first step can feel daunting. You can’t find success if you never put yourself out there, so take a leap of faith and open your shop.
- Learn how to take great product shots, or ask a friend who has some photography skills. If you have money to invest, product photography is my suggested place to spend it.
- Do some basic reading on search engine optimisation. Ensuring you’re using the right ‘key words’ is vital to getting found online. Check out the Etsy Seller Handbook – it’s an amazing resource for those looking to get started on Etsy.
- Social media is a great marketing tool for small business – and it can be a lot of fun! Choose one or two platforms and use them to build relationships with your customers. Showing them the process behind each piece of work really helps to communicate the value and get them excited.
- Join #EtsyResolution to connect with others who are just starting out on Etsy. Having a supportive community behind you as you launch your business can really increase your chances of success.
Feature Image – Marketing Land