Today we’ll cover some basics for ranking your website on Google. SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is a real buzzword, there are a thousand providers to choose from, and everything sounds really complex. We’ll try and explain things quickly and easily for you.
How does my website get found on Google?
- By crafting your content and page layout that utilise your customers search terms, internally linking content within your website, and complying with basic SEO practices.
- We create the basework of your SEO through a keyword plan, where we analyse Google’s intelligence and find what keywords your services need to be using. Content can then be created or massaged to comply with these keyword criteria.
- We design how your website structure should respond to SEO criteria and identify headings, URLS, images and links that have your target keywords in them.
- Key Deliverable to ask for: Keyword plan & wireframes
How do I rank on Google for customer searches?
- By having a good basework for SEO on your website. Then building on that platform with new SEO compliant content and blog posts regularly.
- We can do this by building on your keyword plan and identifying page content, article and news plans that build on your websites underlying architecture.
- We can do 100% content creation in-house that takes into account all the pressures that content for your website is put under.
- Key deliverable to ask for: Ongoing content plan
How does my new website talk my customer’s language, and look great?
- The difference between a good website and a great one is the website layout, and the messages that are communicated to your customers. We spend a great deal of time getting to know how your customers think in order to create page layouts that communicate directly to your audience.
- We design this layout in our wireframe document. This designs the flow, messages, architecture and structure of your website, almost like the body plan and internal organs of the site.
- The next step is to design wording and content that builds on the layout, and then inject the look and feel, colours and styling.
- Key deliverable to ask for: Look and feel designs
Our websites are different.
- Our keyword plans ensure you know what search terms your website is optimised for once you’ve created the content to correspond to them
- Our wireframe documents pull together keywords, layout ideas, messaging, content plans, structure and customer needs, and presents this in a logical flow creating your very own user experience (UX, yes we only use buzzwords when we have too)
- We want to design your website and analytics setup to measure the ROI your website will provide your business. We see your website as a business tool that should be integrated to your business process and meet your business needs – rather than being just a shiny shop front.
- We have a very broad service set, which means we look at your website and your services from lots of different angles. We don’t just do one type of website – we do lots of different ones – which means you get a solution that is customised to your needs and not simply a cookie cutter copy.
Talk to us today if you want to walk through your Google needs.
How do I learn more?
There are loads of resources on the web to better understand SEO, or learn and do it yourself. SOme of the best resources available are:
Moz have been around since 2004 – so have really been around since the beggining of SEO. Some great quicklinks:
So much of SEO practices are based on Google’s ever-changing algorithm, Google has thier own SEO support services. Google loves mobile sites and has lots of resources that cover the why and the how of making your site mobile-friendly.
Some other mentionables are:
3. Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land often publish new, well-researched SEO articles, and subscribing to newsletters will keep you in the loop. Some key resources are: